Texas Supreme Court Update 2011State Bar Administrative Law CLE ()
I was invited to give the Texas Supreme Court update for the State Bar’s administrative-law course. I covered three things:
- How the Court’s two newest members (Justice Guzman and Justice Lehrmann) were fitting within the Court’s voting dynamic
- the significant administrative-law opinions issued this spring and how they fit into larger trends on the Supreme Court’s docket, and
- a list of key pending petitions to watch.
I spoke on a Thursday. As luck would have it, the Court issued opinions in four of those pending cases the very next Friday morning.
- “SCOTX Update at Today’s Admin Law Conference (SCOTXblog)
- The next day’s orders: “Today’s decisions: Recognizing safety as an aspect of privacy; electronic voting machines upheld; medical damages limited” (SCOTXblog)